We received word of a new kid on the block from Visa, and that is their new black card, made out carbon fiber. The card is available from Barclay’s Bank, and is only available to 1% of U.S. residents.
While you’d think this is a direct competitor of American Express’s Centurion Black card ($3,000/year fee and must spend over $250,000/year), it’s actually in more of a competition with Amex’s Platinum card. The new Visa Black Card has an annual fee of $495, includes the following privileges/benefits:
- 24-hour concierge service
- Exclusive rewards program
- “Luxury gifts” – Not sure what this means, but sounds good It says that members will receive luxury gifts from some of the world’s top brands.
- Travel lounge priority pass – Gives you access to more than 500 airport lounges
- Rewards program that provides 1% cash back or points
- The card is made of carbon fiber (they call it carbon graphite)
- Limited membership
Right now Visa is offering 0% interest on balance transfer for 6 months. The-BlackCard.com has got some unboxing pictures of the card in person, as well as some comparisons to the Centurion
The card in the pictures seems a lot different than the promo picture that Visa is using. It seems like you can’t really see a carbon fiber pattern. The-BlackCard.com mentioned that it feels and bends more like plastic. Here’s a commercial for the card from Visa: